Motivational speaker and leadership coach Tim Warneka teaches how to write a successful college essay in nine simple steps. Read and understand the directions and expectations the professor has for the assignment. Sit down and write whatever comes to mind on the topic. Edit your paper, making sure to use academic English. Allow yourself time to "sleep on it" and come back to re-read your essay with a fresh mind. When you come back to it, read the paper out loud to find any mistakes. Allow one or two peers whose writing skills you trust to read your essay and give their feedback. Revise your essay based on the feedback. Sleep on your essay again in order to come back to it with fresh eyes. Do a final edit before turning it in, checking that the essay follows the professor's expectation. Using these helpful strategies, your next college essay will be improved.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades