This video takes the viewer through a simple, step-by-step process for writing a compelling introduction to an argumentative essay. According to the author, an ideal introduction should begin with detailing the subject matter of the essay, and should provide the background information on the issue being discussed in the essay. The introduction should be very clear about the conclusion that the author of the essay is alluding at. One of the major problems with student essays is that their introductions leave the reader rather confused about the conclusion that the author is trying to reach, making it all the more important that the conclusion be stated as clearly as possible in the introduction. Finally, a word of caution. Do not include any arguments in the introduction. They belong strictly in the main body of the essay.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades