The CNA certification exam can be stressful at times, especially on the clinical exam portion. However, despite the exam difficulties, everything has a solution. Qualified nursing assistants are preparing various CNA study techniques and CNA study guides just to reduce any test anxieties and stress.
Step 1 Assess Your Study Techniques
Everyone has a unique personality -- and a different mentality on how to prepare for their CNA certification exam. Some nursing assistants may organize their study schedule and devices in a very systematic way. Others may prefer to study using audio devices and just follow study time at their convenience. Either way, you must know your weaknesses and strength when you study. You must choose suitable study techniques that will provide you with better learning.
Step 2 Effective Study Plan
It is a fact that at times the test taker relies on their exam success with LUCK. Unfortunately, luck only chooses a few people. Not everyone is given enough LUCK when it comes to the CNA exam. Success is much sweeter if you work hard for it. To be able to have so much luck in your CNA exam, you must have a study plan. This plan consists of how many hours you will spend time on studying and what lessons and skills that you will study and practice for a day. And most importantly, always organize your study habits on a daily basis and stick to your study schedule.
Step 3 CNA Study Guides
Before studying, you must have an excellent CNA study guide, such as an outline of a nursing assistant's lesson, flash cards, skill videos, and etc. When you are practicing your clinical skills, ask your spouse, friend, or your kid to act as your patient in order for you to practice what you have learned. You'll be surprised at how much downtime you have during your day while you're out and about.
Step 4 Use Internet as Additional Study Guide
The Internet is very accessible worldwide. You can obtain great test tips just by visiting CNA online forums and your favorite CNA/medical websites. Always search for test tips and ask experienced CNAs for guidance. The CNA community is so welcoming that you'll have responses before you know it. Most of them will tell you not to stress!
Step 5 Be Physically Prepared
It may sound cliche but this is what your friends, families and even Internet communities will always tell you before you will take your exam.
- Make sure you have a good night's sleep before the exam day.
- Make sure you have eaten a hearty meal (i.e., brain food) breakfast that won't unbalance your system.
- Make sure you arrive early at the exam location since tardiness will compromise your composure and concentration.
- And most especially, go to the bathroom before the exam begins in order to minimize potential distractions.
- Relax, take your time, and do your best!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades