Meter, specifically iambic pentameter, can be used to analyze a poem. Iambic pentameter is used in poetry and drama and describes a particular rhythm that words establish in each line. Rhythm is created through the stressing and un-stressing of syllables. Small groups of syllables are called feet. A foot is a group of two or three syllables and will often contain a stressed and an unstressed syllable. Iambic describes the type of foot that is used. Pentameter indicates that a line of poetry has five of such feet. Iambic pentameter is associated with sonnets. Sonnet 18 by William Shakespeare is a famous example of iambic pentameter.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades