If TV cartoons don't provide enough intellectual stimulation, try these tips to improve your vocabulary and impress your friends, or just yourself.
You Will Need
* A dictionary
* A notepad
* A computer with internet access
Step 1: Read everything
Read everything you can get your hands on with a dictionary at hand for unfamiliar words.
Step 2: Look up words every day
Look up a word in the dictionary each day. Once you comprehend usage and correct pronunciation, write it down, and memorize it.
Step 3: Note words for later use
Listen to conversations and jot unfamiliar words in a notepad. Look the word up, and use it in conversation.
Flashcards with word definitions are a quick way to practice sounds, pronunciations, and meanings.
Step 4: Write sentences
Write words in a sentence; then read them aloud to retain them.
Step 5: Play word games
Play word games which build your vocabulary while you're enjoying competition and having fun.
Access online resources for daily word challenges and fun vocabulary exercises.
Step 6: Group words by theme
Group words and meanings specific to fields of interest or themes.
Fact: Reading 15 minutes a day translates into one million words a year.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades